Mixed vegetables diced small – (Potatoes 1 cup,Cauliflower – 1/4 cup, Frozen Green Peas – 2tbsp, Carrots – ¼ cup) Salt – to your taste level Turmeric – ¼ tsp Water – 2 cups Oil – 1 Tbsp Butter – 1 Tbsp (I used oil) Cumin Seeds – ½ tsp Hing (Asofoetida) – pinch Red Chili Powder – ¼ tsp (to taste) Onion – 1 medium, finely chopped Ginger and Garlic – 2 tsp minced Tomato – 1 medium chopped Pav Bhaji Masala – 2 tsp (to taste) Lemon Juice – ½ tsp (to taste) Coriander leaves – 5 sprigs, chopped (for garnishing)
- In a pressure cooker, add Potatoes, Cauliflower, Green Peas, Carrots, Salt, Haldi and Water – Mix well. Pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Heat Oil, add jeera and allow it to sputter, throw in the hing, onion and let it sauté and then add red chili Powder, Garlic and Ginger – stir well. Now add in the tomatoes and cook until oil starts to separate. Add Pav Bhaji Masala – mix well and cook for 5 minute.
- Add Vegetables and lightly mashed. Now incorporate and cook the vegetables well in the masala. I do it this way. I take masher and start mashing the vegetables well and until you can see only few big chunks of vegetables.
- Add Lemon Juice and adjust Salt/Chili Powder/Pav Bhaji Masala.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander leaves.
Serve with pav bread & shopped onions!!
Sending this to: