Couscous – 1 cup
Salt – to taste
Boiling water – 1 ½ cups
Olive oil – 1 Tbsp (optional) but I don’t like to add in this salad
Carrots – ½ chopped to triangles Green spring onions – 3 stalks finely chopped
Bell pepper any colour – ¼ chopped in triangles or any way you like
Cucumber – 1 medium peeled and chopped to triangle
Cilantro – 5 sprigs chopped
Tomatoes – 2 medium sliced or handful of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
Green chilies – to taste, finely chopped * to your taste
Raisins – handful
Chopped walnuts – handful
Black pepper – to taste
Lemon/lime juice – to taste **
Cut all the vegetables to same shapes and add more nuts lif you are giving this for kids.
*I like it spicy so made it with more chillies
**I added more of lime as I love this salad to be more limy J
· In a bowl, add couscous, salt and pour in boiling water. Mix well, cover and keep aside for 10 – 15 minutes.
· Fluff couscous with a fork to make sure there are no lumps. Allow it to cool.
· Add olive oil (optional) and mix thoroughly.
· Add all of the remaining ingredients and mix well. Adjust salt or lime juice.. The salad tastes better if its little on the tangy side.
· Chill for at least 30 minutes and serve.
This was my dinner last night!!