Kerala banana chips is one of the crisp items served in any Kerala Sadhya. Without this a traditional sadhya remains incomplete. Not much of a hardship to get this yummy chips made at home.
Raw Banana nenthran kaya : 2 nos
Turmeric powder : ¼
Salt water : ½ tsp in ¼ cup water (saline water)
Coconut oil for frying
- In a bow add some water and a bit of turmeric powder and keep aside.
- Peel the outer skin of the bananas and throw them into the turmeric water for 20 minutes. This will prevent the banana turning black and also it will remove the stickiness stains from the plantain.
- User a slicer and make thin round pieces or slice them into nice round slices manually and let them dry on the tray so that the moisture evaporates
- Heat the oil in a deep frying pan on medium heat, slide the sliced bananas into hot oil without overcrowding them. Occasionally give stir to flip them and keep them from sticking together.
- When it is half done, reduce the flame low and sprinkle the saline solution. You can every cover with a lid till the oil settles down to normal.
- Increase the flame and fry till crispy.
- Remove to a tissue paper to remove the excess oil and you can store in an airtight container.
Sending this to: