Beetroot - 1 no medium size, peeled and grated
Dry red chilli - 3 no
Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
Grated coconut – ¼ cup
Ginger 1 a very small piece
Green chillies - 4 nos
Mustard seeds - ¼ tsp for grinding and ½ tsp for seasoning
Salt to taste
Curry leaves few sprigs
Thick curd – ¾ cup (you can use this as per your sour requirement)
Oil - 1 tbsp
· Clean and wash the beetroot, peal the skin and then fine grate the beetroot. Then cook the grated beetroot by adding little water with little salt for around 5 – 10 minutes.
· Grind grated coconut, ginger, mustard seeds, green chillies, 3-4 curry leaves, turmeric powder to a coarse consisitency.
· Add ground coconut mixture to the cooked beetroot and keep it in a low flame till the water gets fully evaporated. Put off the flame and let this cool
· Add beaten curd to the cooked beetroot and mix it nicely.
· Lets make the seasoning, heat little oil in an another pan and add ½ tsp mustard seeds and when it splutters, add 2 dry red chillies and 3-4 curry leaves and add this to the beetroot pachadi.