Index

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Surki (pickled onion)

I had this wonderful pickled onion at Bangalore Empire, oh I just loved it and relished every bit of the onion. It was  so crunchy and tasted  so good. After several failures I got the hang of  making this. I love the food at Bangalore Empire,  their chicken 65/ kebab is amazing and worth a try, I will be soon posting the recipe for the chicken 65/kebab here.


In the meanwhile go ahead and enjoy making this :

Ingredients

Big Onions – 3 medium
Green chillies – 3nos (if u need spicy add up more)
Salt – to taste
Vinegar – 3 Tbsp
Tomato – ½

Method
·        Slice the onions thinly,  chop the green chillies and tomatoes
·        Add in vinegar and salt and mix  the onions well. Ensure not to squeeze the tomatoes.

Leave it in the refrigerator and use it with  ghee rice & with any Indian breads to accompany any non vegetarian dish.

Yummy and mouth watering yet another simple dish. I am sure you will love this.


PS: As it stays longer the onions will develop a pink colour – its absolutely divine and nothing to worry. Enjoy having it.

Latha

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...