Mutton – washed and cleaned with turmeric – 500gms
Big Onions – 2 medium
Green chillies – 2nos
Vinegar – 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
Red chilli powder – as per your taste
Coriander powder – 2 tbsp
Garlic paste– 1 tbsp
Peper powder – ¼ tsp
Garam masala – ½ tsp
Ginger paste – 1 tbsp
Tomatoes – 1 big size
Turmeric - 1/4tsp
Salt – to taste
Coconut milk powder – 4 tbsp
Oil – about 2 tbsp (coconut oil or any cooking oil u prefer)
Coriander and curry leave – 2 strings each
· Take a pressure cooker and add to that cleaned mutton, g. chillies, Tomato, Vinegar, turmeric powder (Now use only half of the masala of ginger, salt, garlic paste, red chillies, coriander powder, pepper powder, curry leaves). Use your hands and massage the mutton well and let it rest for about 15 minutes. Do not add the coconut powder here.
· Reserve the balance masala we will need it at the later stage
· Pressure cook mutton till its done 75%. You know your pressure cooker better as it varies to each other so follow your whistles.
· Now add oil, throw in the onions, fry till it turns light brown, now add in the left over masalas one after the other and sauté.
· Add the cooked mutton and mix well into the masala
· Add the masala gravy (from the cooked meat) and if needed add water as per the consistency you need. Add the coconut powder.
· Allow it pressure cook the balance 25%. Before you close the lid just check on the salt too.
· To serve garnish with coriander and curry leaves.
Goes very well with any Indian breads. We prefer to have it with Ghee rice and surki. Recipes coming up soon.