Refined flour (Maida) – 2 ½ cups
Baking powder – ½ tsp
Soda Bi-Corbonate – a pinch
Salt – 1 tsp
Sugar – 2 tsp
Yogurt – ½ cup
Oil – 2tbsp for dough making
Oil for frying
· Sieve together all the dry ingredients and keep aside
· Mix yogurt and sugar, add this to the flour mix and make a soft dough. You need about a cup of water
· Now add the oil to the dough and cover the dough with a damp cloth. Keep atleast for an hour.
· Now divide the dough into 16 balls and keep them to ferment for another 10 minutes.
· Roll them round or oval shape
· Fry them in oil and take it out.
Serve the Bhatura with onion and lime wedges along with channa masala (recipe at veg. gravy)