Index

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Cinnamon shortbread Cookies - eggless

My daughter insisted that I made some cookies for her and I wanted to bake eggless too. She kept saying why are you not posting anything for Christmas on the blog? She loves the cinnamon flavour  in the cookies. So here it goes with my first recipe for the wonderful season.

Seasons greetings to you and your loved ones.


I have iced some cookies only as   its my first icing and was a bit nervous how it would turn out.  If you have kids at home give this  job to them as they will be in their best to come out with good designs.  I think when I make my ginngerman cookies – I will give it to my daughter for the icing. I have no patience to sit and ice the 40 plus cookies,  honestly I just did few and the rest I  dusted with  icing sugar. I have made many stars and some gingerman shapes and some dolls.

How I made the cute little  edible santa (I saw in many blogs and I feel for the cutie). Clean and wash the strawberry, gave a small cut on the base so that he can sit well. Gave a small cut on the upper portion of the strawberry and dropped a big chunk of the (sugar and cream cheese mix) and put the starwberry piece back  on the cream. Now on the top of strawberry put a  small dash of the cream for cap. With the edible black colour I  made two dots for the eyes J. I super loved him the most.


So upto you how you want to decorate J  

Recipe adapted  from Taste.com.au
Makes : 40 – 44 cookies
Ingredients

225g unsalted butter, at room temperature
100g ( ½  cup) caster sugar
225g (1  ½  cups) plain flour
120g (2/3  cup) rice flour
2 tsp ground cinnamon
Pinch of salt


Sugar icing
Icing sugar  - ½ cup
Water  - 1 tsp or just as required
Corn flour – 2 tsp
Colours – few drops of your choice
·        When you are icing the cookies please ensure it has to be chilled completely and then only ice.











Method:

Preheat oven to 190°C.

Place butter and sugar in the bowl  and beat it until  creamy I just used my hand whisk.

Sift over the combined flours, cinnamon and salt, and process until mixture  and add this to the sugar and butter mix  together.

Bring this to a lightly floured surface and knead until a soft dough forms (it will be quite crumbly). Shape into a disc and cover with plastic wrap. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to rest.

Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to a 2mm-thick disc. Use a 5cm-diameter  cutter (you desired shape)  to cut  the cookies. Please keep in mind depending on the size you will get the cookies.

Place on 2 baking trays. Bake in oven, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 10-15 minutes or until golden. Set aside on trays for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.

Dust with icing sugar if you like or do the icing as I have done.

You can make this recipe up to 1 week ahead. Store in an airtight container out of direct sunlight

For Icing: In a bowl add sugar and corn flour, add few drops of water and mix it well  and add your colours. Pipe it to your liking. Keep the mix  thick and don’t add water in the first itself. So add little by little.


Latha


Sending this to:

http://youtoocancookindianfood.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/60-days-to-christmas-event-and-giveaway.html









































14 comments:

  1. Crunchy and yummy cookies. Loved the simple icing

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow these look so cute and perfectly done, loving your christmas santas too :) v pretty dear

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are so cute dear.. good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow these look so yum. I do agre with you that icing takes a lot of patience for that matter making cookies too. So I must say these are a great effort.
    Thanks for linking them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy and crispy good one dear.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute shortbread cookies,strawberry santas are simply damn attractive..Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful shortbread cookies and cute Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such cute Santa's.. Lovely they look.. Thanks for linking

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...