Have been a bit busy travelling and was unable to post. Back to the base and here goes another recipe very easy and does not need much of time to make this.
All credit for this recipe goes to my father-in-law (late), as he taught me this recipe when I was new to cooking. He literally made the chicken curry and showed me how to make this dish. The next time I made this he said it was too good for a learner and those days he would tell me that I have a good skill to learn and cook well and always complimented me for the meal that I served him J and enjoyed the meals.
Chicken – 500gms washed and cleaned. You can use with the skin and make this dish if you like. I like it without the skin keeping in mind the health point of view.
To make the masala
Green chillies – 6nos (add to your spice level as we are not adding any other chillies)
Onion – finely sliced – 1no.
Garlic - 5 – 6 pcs
Ginger – 1 inch
Coriander leaves – about ½ cup
A sprig for mint leaves
Fresh coconut - half of the coconut grated
Coriander – 2 tbsp
Whole garam masala – clove – 3 nos, cinnamon one small pc, elachi 1
Tomatoes – 1 big size
Turmeric - 1/4tsp
Salt – to taste
Oil – about 2 tbsp (coconut oil or any cooking oil u prefer)
Small onion – 4 – 5
Fennel seeds (Sauf) & Cumin seeds (small jeera) – 1 pinch
· Clean and wash the chicken with turmeric and keep aside
· Use a pan add some oil and add the garam masala, fennel and cumin seeds, garlic, ginger, then coconut green chillies, coriander and mint leaves, coriander powder and fry well till the coconut turns light brown and keep aside. When cooled grind this to fine paste.
· Take a pot add 1 tbsp oil, add the diced onions till golden, now add the chicken pieces, turmeric, tomatoes and salt and mix well
· Now add the grounded masala and nicely mix and cook for another 5 minutes.
· Finally check the salt at this stage
· Cook well in the cooker or cover and cook till its cooked well
· Garnish with coriander leaves
This goes very well with the simple yellow rice. or any Indian rotis. Infact at my place we enjoy this with pulkas, yellow rice, simple raw salad and raitaC. J