Serves : 2
Time taken : 15 minutes excluding the rice cooking time.
Simplest and healthy rice, needs no accompniments and wonderful to take for lunch box . I have addeded brocoli, mint, curry, corander leaves, kasthuri methi and amchur powder. They make this dish so yumm and unique.
Basmati rice (cooked with salt ) – 1 cup
Oil – 2 tbsp
Brocoli – chopped very fine
Mustard – ½ tsp
Channa dal – 1 tbsp
Urud dal – 1 tbsp
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Coriander leaves – 2 sprigs
Garlic – 2 nos. finely chopped
Greden chillies chopped - 3 nos
Amchur Powder or lime juice to your tasteWater – very little
Fresh coconut grated – 1 tbsp or fried cashew for garnish (Optional)
· Cook the basmati rice with salt and let it cool.
· Add oil, throw in the mustard, urud dal and channa dal when it turns light brown put in the green chillies, garlic, kasturi methi and brocoli chopped, a bit of salt and let it get cooked say for 5 minutes.
· Now add the cooked rice and mix well now add the amchur powder or lime juice and close with a lid for 5 minutes on low flame.
· Throw in the chopped curry, coriander leaves and mint leaves, Sprinkle little water if needed so that the rice gets incorporated well with the vegetable and all the ingredients.
· Garnish with fresh coconut or fried cashew. I have skipped this step.
Serve this hot and enjoy this lovely rice.
Sending this to: