I was hunting for an eggless chocolate cookies to make for my daughter and came across this from here it was so an eyecatching recipe that I tried and everyone at home super liked. The main ingredient being wheat flour, keeping in mind the health point of view I fell in love with the recipe and wanted to try this. Thanks Radhika for the wonderful recipe.
Bake Time: 15 – 20 Minutes
Total Time: 25 Minutes
Makes: 15 Cookies
Shelf Life: 1 week
- Whole wheat flour or all purpose flour – 180 gms
- Baking Powder – 1 tsp
- Butter – 100 gms
- Brown sugar – 100 gms
- Cocoa powder – 2 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Chocolate Chips – 4 tbsp (divided)
- Smarties – for decoration
In bowl add butter and brown sugar and cream together till the sugar softens with a spatula. This will take about 2-3 minutes.
Sieve together flour, baking powder, cocoa powder together in a bowl. Add 3 tbsp of chocolate chip to the flour and mix well.
Add vanilla essence to the butter-sugar mixture and mix well. Add the sieved flour mixture too and mix well with a spatula till there are no visible dry ingredients.
Place the bowl in the refrigerator for 15 – 20 minutes. Make golf size balls and place them on a greased sheet or a baking tray.
Now spread the remaining chocolate chips on a plate. Press the balls slightly between your palms and flatten them. Press each cookie onto the chips and once again place them on the baking tray leaving enough space between them. Once again place the tray in the freezer for 5 minutes.
Bake in the pre heated oven for 15-20 minutes @ 180 Degrees Celsius. Take the tray out and cool them on the tray itself for 5 minutes.
Store in an air tight container and enjoy this delicious.
- The given ratio of butter and flour will be enough to form the dough. In case the dough does not form add 2-3 tsp of milk to the mixture.
- Place the shaped cookies in the freezer if you do not want flattened cookies. The dough will be able to hold its shape well while baking if placed in the freezer.
- In case you do not have brown sugar at hand use regular sugar. But you will not be able to get the dark brown color.
Sending this to: