Index

Monday, April 15, 2013

Cotton Soft Japanese Cheesecake


This has been in my to do list for some time, somehow backed out seeing the amount of eggs and cheese. This time at the Baking Partners Challenge 9 Swathi had given us 4 recipes for the cheese cakes. Since I have already baked the no bake mango cheese cake, I thought of going for the recipe given by  Reeni and thank you both of you for this wonderful challenge. Sometimes its so happen if you want to really enjoy some good cheese cake just close your eyes and bake this and dont count on the calories.

No regrets such a soft and fluffy cake this is, even whilst I was plating the cake I had hard time handling it to capture some good pictures. I did not want a chocolate toppings,  all I wanted was to add some fresh fruits but I landed up this way that I boiled some hot water and added some grapes to it and then  then tossed them on sugar  just to get the sugar coating.

Whilst baking my heart was beating so fast and kept looking at the oven reason being if the water would seep through the pan and spoil my cake although I had protected them well with the foil. Second reason  being I used APF when the recipe called for cake flour/super fine flour. Gathered my courage and gave it a try. 












 Adapted from Diana'ss desserts

Makes 1 (8-inch)

Cheesecake, 12 servings.

Time : 1 ½ hours



Ingredients

140g/5 oz. fine granulated sugar

6 egg whites

6 egg yolks

¼  tsp. cream of tartar

50g/2 oz. butter

250g/9 oz. cream cheese

100 ml/3 fluid oz. fresh milk

1 tbsp. lemon juice

¼ tsp lemon zest*

55g/2 oz all purpose flour

25g/1 oz. cornflour

¼  tsp. salt

*I added this to reduce the smell of the eggs.




Method:


Melt cream cheese, butter and milk over a double boiler. Cool the mixture.

In another bowl mix the egg yolks, lemon juice. Slowly add the  flours (mix the salt, cornflour  and  APF flour together and then fold the flour into the egg yolk mixture). 




Whisk egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Add in the sugar and whisk until soft peaks form.

 Add the cheese mixture to the egg white mixture and mix well. Pour into a 8-inch round spring-form pan (Lightly grease and line the bottom and sides of the pan with grease proof baking paper or parchment paper).

I nicely covered all the sides of my spring form pan with aluminum foil as I did not want any water to seep into and mess my cake as we are going to bake it a water bath.

Bake cheesecake in a water bath for 1 hours 10 minutes or until set and golden brown at 160 degrees C (325 degrees F).

Latha


Sending this to:

http://tangymind.blogspot.ae/2013/04/my-blog-tangyminds-turns-1-year-old.html




http://www.mjdelights.in/index.php/events/celebrating-2nd-blog-anniversary-giveaway-contest/












39 comments:

  1. Beautiful and lovely cake, it is so soft and lovely. Wish I could have a piece right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The challenge was worth taken on. I am glad that everything turned out perfect. You were also careful as you watched your steps when making this cheesecake. Its stunning and you are right, sometimes we have forgo calories and dive in and how to resist this amazing cake. Anyway, I never believe in being too healthy. I eat everything including sinful food but with moderation.I am happy and will remain happy forever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely presentation aunty and really looks cotton soft.............

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely cake..looks soft and perfect

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely and yummy cake...looks soft and perfect

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow ..it looks fab ...so tempting

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow it looks too soft and spongy..

    ReplyDelete
  8. cake looks so soft and rich..lovely

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is an amazing recipe, i tried this too - couldn't take pics as i took to my sister's place. It is sinful i swear:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous cheesecake..Can I have a bite??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lathaji, Your cheesecake is so beautiful. I know I’d want a big piece of that.I love the texture of these Japanese cakes because they are so light and fluffy :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. so sogt n spongy cakes, perfectly done....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Delicious combination, looks tempting!
    MAHA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks perfect...spongy and delicious one...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow..very interesting Latha... The cake looks yummy! Thanks for the great recipe... Will try soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Latha... Heard about the earthquake in Dubai... Hope alls well at your end dear!

      Delete
    2. Hi, Yes did ger a good jolt of the earthquake, all well dear. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  16. You have done prefectly,super softy,airy and delicious cheesecake.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Look at the fluffiness and the texture, perfect!!
    Also love the idea of adding sugar coated grapes, simple yet yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super duper.. Lovely looking cheesecake Lathaji :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful cheesecake, so soft and fluffy. Wonderful work & tempting pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks perfect! Wish mine turned out like that!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So soft and spongy,looks wonderful,great job

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm pretty jealous of your leaf plate! Your cheesecake looks divine :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your cheesecake has turned out so perfect

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful cotton soft Japanese cheesecake Lata you did very well.

    ReplyDelete
  25. You people are driving me to do this cake now.so soft and fluffy.

    ReplyDelete
  26. beautiful cheesecake,looks delish dear:)

    ReplyDelete
  27. nice cheese cake I am loving it.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Looks awesome. I too want to make this cake but then it sounded very difficult. Like u I will be using APF as we do not get cake flour here.Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  29. your cheesemake came out so well Latha. I have to try my hands at it again :)
    have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete

  30. Wow so lovely..Loved the clicks. Thank you so much for your entry linked in my blog.I want you to follow the rules and get eligible for the giveaway otherwise it will not qualify for the giveaway.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...